Friday, December 11, 2009

02 - 17/11/09 - Effective Communication / Research NGBs

Lecture – 17/11/2009, 09:00 – 10:30, RM.E10, (AT), all SPOCO students
Lecture – 17/11/20909, 11:00 - 12:30, RM.E23, (AT), all SPOCO students

Part 1 - Effective Communication

Body Language - slides

Reference - Lee & Austin (1988) this is a reference to My ideal Coach. Children's preferences for coaching behaviour. Which was a report to the Research Committee of the National Coaching Foundation, Leeds, England.

NB I do have the book "Coaching Childeren in Sport" by Martin Lee.

Chris mentioned a WRU basic (preliminary) coaching course that cots £20.00 but i could not find it.

Part 2 - NGBs (UK Coaching)

This took the form of a Directed Task research exercise which we had to complete and submit via the MLE.

What Went Well?
100% attendance maintained
I participated in a group session. It was OK!

What might I do differently?

What did I learn?
Met Steve the Golfer from Banbury (Bloxham actually)
WRU Preliminary coaching course £20.00 – couldn’t find it on the web site!

REFERENCES
From week 1
PARSLOE E (1999) the manager as coach and mentor
DEWEY (1966)
DEWEY (1916)

From week 2
Reference on communication – LEE and AUSTIN (1988)

What still puzzles me?

No comments:

Post a Comment