Friday, December 11, 2009

08/12/09 - Week 11 - Ergogenic Aids and Module Review

Right click the link to open the mLE and access the Slides from session 10 in a new tab or window.

Lecture on Ergogenic aids
Steroids
equipment (e. ball flight, swim suits etc.)

Steroid effect - Liver damage

Unsubstantiated claims by companies such as maximuscle

Medications should be registered with the Governing body.

Sports Bodies
England/Scotland/NI - Institutes of Sport
Wales - Sports Council (Has a research Library at Sophia Gardens)

Sport at Bath

Check governing bodies site features for e-mail of bulletins etc.

see lecture slides for useful links


UK Sport - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/

English Institute of Sport - www.eis2win.co.uk

The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences - www.bases.org.uk

What went well?

I think I'm improving my note taking
I an committed to the review process

What might I do differently?
Review how I copy up my notes
integrate blog and web site
have a private area on the web site

What did I learn?
see notes above!
need to do course reviews

What still puzzles me?
2 psychology slide presentations are the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment