Friday, December 11, 2009

03 - 24/11/09 - Warm Up / Small Sided Games

Lecture – 24/11/2009, 09:00 – 10:30, SH, (AT, MT), all SPOCO students
Lecture – 24/11/20909, 11:00 - 12:30, SH, (AT, MT), all SPOCO students
What Went Well?
100% attendance maintained
I participated in several sports in the Sports Hall
The Rugby warm up session went well
We got positive feedback

I got to try a bit of hockey which I liked.

What might I do differently?

What did I learn?
Designing sport specific coaching sessions for different sports is a challenge
A game called shrek! Based on Rugby Union and had some positive features.
All inclusive
Active
Passing the ball
Good for kids
Got the mind working

Try things out – learn and adapt
Our own small game based on basketball 2 on 2 was very much like basketball but we got positive feedback on that point – game specific

Met Steve the Golfer from Banbury (Bloxham actually)
WRU Preliminary coaching course £20.00 – couldn’t find it on the web site!

What still puzzles me?

No comments:

Post a Comment