Tuesday, December 15, 2009

09/12/09 - Briefing Notes

I’d like to get clear what part of this report I’ll be working on so that I can get stuck into it before Christmas. I had a look at the brief which describes the various sections of the report. I suggest we all lay claim to the bits we would like to do and then see if we’ve got it all covered.

It would be good if there is more than one person collaborating on each section of the report that way we are less likely drop ourselves in the shit.

The sections of the report (with the marks awarded for the section) are as follows: Correct Presentation (10%), Introduction (200 words) (15%), Method (400 words) (15%), Results (300 words) (25%), Discussion / Conclusion (600 words) (35%)

I’d like to work on the final presentation and the Harvard referencing – but that comes towards the end. I’m easy on what else I do.

I’ve been tinkering with Google Docs. We might want to use Google docs to store the various bits so we can all see what is going on. You can upload Word documents into Google Docs format (which is a bit crap) but you can then download them again and convert them back into MS Word format which is OK.

I’ve put some docs into Google docs and given you access so we can see if it would work for us. It includes information on the assignment, which I’ve also attached to this e-mail, my personal data, and an example document showing some example tables that George gave us.

I’ll send you a sharing invite.

I wonder if we need a face to face before the end of the week I know Dean is zooming off to Canada pretty soon?

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment