Notes
I was a bit disappointed in my own coaching performance, I thought I should have done better. It is all part of the learning process though.
What went well?
Fun
Involvement
Progression
What could I have done differently?
Introduce myself and Steve
Explain the aim of the session
H&S info/Injuries
I could have stepped in to change the rules in small sided games. Maybe a 4 pass before shooting rule for example. The teams were not using the skills they had been shown in the previous section of the session. They were just shooting from long range.
What did I learn?
Coaching position for demos - all must be able to see
get into the activity quickly - so they don't drift off
check for understanding in an open way
keep it simple
coaches responsibility to turn up
What still puzzles me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment