The practice of implementing values in a public domain or context brings coaching behaviour under scrutiny. (p. 151)
With regard to Inter personal relationships and goals, both performance and personal have stable and unstable elements (p. 153).
Does heredity set limits?
Personal interests (p. 154)
p. 155 - Boundaries, i-p relationships, liking and respect.
p. 156 - maturity, knowledge, aspirations, experience and values (also affects responsibilities?)
p. 165 values can be changed but are quite stable.
p. 166 - philosophy and the inclusion of principles.
p. 167 core values for performance
NB - core values and peripheral values.
As an inexperienced coach, I am still formulating my coaching philopsophy. I do howevr have a "Philosophy of Life" and as Lyle (2002, p. xxx) and Martens (xxx, p. xxx) indicate, a philosophy of life can have a bearing and an overlap with a coaching philosopy and indeed with a sports philosophy.
Judging values (Lyle, 2002, pp. 168-169) - sports specific processes are listed. How about a conflict with sports processes and values - e.g. bending the rules.
Lyle mentions good examples by Cross (1990) and Felgate (1997) but I don't think I can access that material.
see Lyle (p. 172) constructing a philosophy.
My philosophy - enjoyment, well being, improvement, reward and team work - excellence and achievement.
Performance v participation - does this vary on a scale according to coaching experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment